Brax,
IMO you're right on. This has been something I've been thinking about recently in light of the economic meltdown. I will remain an Outlaw customer because of their amps. They are more money than a comparable product from Emotiva, but Outlaw amps are made in the US. I would rather have my money go to a company that provides US jobs. Your point about no one having jobs is well taken...as I peruse many of the audio forums I frequent, I'm starting to think 'where are some of these people getting their money'? When so many people have either lost their jobs or are in danger of losing them, I still see people mulling over whether to spend $5k on this component or that...at this point I'm not considering another purchase because of what the economy could bring in the next year. That might change, but the way I feel right now about things makes me very uneasy. Some people will always have money to spend no matter what happens, but if a company like Outlaw (or Emotiva or AV123) are built around selling products to middle class Americans, that could be in deep jeopardy if things continue the downward spiral. I guess my point in all this is kind of the same as yours...who will be buying any mid level to high end gear when the jobs go away? Sorry for my rant too.
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10