Hi guys, I have to admit I gave up on the 997 and bought an Onkyo Pro 885 with the Audyssey EQ / processor. It is an excellent product and will put the Model 997 to the market test quick.

If any of you guys have any doubts about what this room DSP stuff can do - read Kal R's columns in Stereophile - he is right on. This processor has made the biggest difference in my system of anything else I have done - and this is coming from an old analog guy.

My old system consisted of a Sony ES E9000ES and P9000ES with a Sony SACD player and a Pioneer Elite DVD-V / A player played direct through the P9000ES analog preamp to three Hafler Transnova amps and a 5.1 Vandersteen set-up.

Cut to the chase, even on 5.1 SACDs, the Onkyo Pro is BETTER, principally because it eliminates several nodes and anti-nodes in the room that I was living with and never realized I could get rid of !! (In a completely symmetric, purpose-built room with excellent acoustics). And with HDMI digital hook-up, I got rid of about 10 miles of expensive Kimber wire and several gain stages. I'm telling you, this technology is a great leveler of rooms and loudspeakers and will prove to be a game-changer.

If the Trinnov works in the Model 997 as well as the Audyssey works in the Onkyo Pro, you guys are in for a treat.