mzpro5,
Again thanks for your input. I am sorry about the last post. I was in a rush an I really should have not posted in such a moment. Hence.

I intend to kept my calibration reference point at -10db's.
I do intend to look into the Sony 550 menu and make some adjustments in relation to your setup. I do know that I am in multi-channel analog mode. The remaining settings that you listed I have to look into the 550 menu so I can compare and or adjust. From memory right now I cannot list the similarities or differences.
Speaker size is set to small. My x-overs are definitely higher than yours. I wanted some bass response in the rears.
The surround configuration is also different.
My channel calibration of course will remain the same since my room is different than yours. I calibrated with a radio shack digital SPL. Simple and quick.
Delay settings I believe are set to 0.

Once I have made the necessary changes I will post.
I have read that the codecs on blu-ray are made in such a way that owners of BD's have to rise the volume level no matter what the settings. If this is true I was unaware of that fact.
I was watching Alien in the afternoon yesterday on my Sony 777 (standard dvd)sounded awesome! I also watched 24 on Comcast last night and the playback was great.

Thanks again!
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server