I will swap out my 990 with a new 997, hooking it up to the great 770 amp that I have in that room. Then take the 990 into the den to replace the 970, hooking it to the 7125 in there. And then probably give the 970 to a friend who needs a bit of an upgrade. That's what I did with the 950 that I had originally.

I have never really liked the 970, it just has too many quirky issues that arise with no pattern to them at all. I was very annoyed with the almost 3 second delay it took for the 950 to lock into an audio signal, but I think overall I was much more satisfied with the 950 than the 970. I have been, however, very pleased with the 990. But I may have problems getting it to fit in the TV stand that presently holds the 970/7125 combo. Unfortunately I think that it is a bit too tall, and I don't wish to replace the stand. I'll probably have to elimnate the shelf and figure a way to do some stacking and still get good air flow. There just isn't any room to put an AV stand in the niche with the TV and tower speakers. Oh, if only all of my problems had such a great upside.
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile