i do not like 5.25in woofers in my speakers, i notice that the center (and almost all the other speakers) is 5.25in. for the life of me i cannot understand why they put 5.25in in anything instead of just using 6.5in. i do not mind 5.25 in combo with 6.5, but still its pretty much a waste. the only sub i would buy is a velodyne, but i think they may be too much for your budget. i would not recommend those qs8s as the rear surround, those speakers should be a traditional bookshelf style instead of multi-polar, the sides are perfect for that though. those axioms are going to be a huge part of your budget (probably too much) if you dont get a package price, but that includes that sub. i havent shopped for speakers in a while, but those axioms are not the most impressive. however i cant offer any insight as to what would be better :-), i dont understand why so many websites do not show pricing...
oh, the best dvd player for the money is the denon dvd910, $300. however it does not offer sacd or dvd-audio support, so if you wanted that then youd have to get another model. denon seems to make about the best dvd players you can purchase these days. i would not spend too much on a dvd player as it will be obsolete pretty soon. that pioneer 563a is a piece of junk, and while i am a fan of pioneer elite they have NEVER made a good dvd player.