Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7972 - 01/18/04 05:40 PM DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Hey fellow outlaws, I just came across a DCM subwoofer for sale at what looks like a pretty good deal. The problem is it's in a box and I can't listen to it first and since I'm not familiar with DCM subs I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any experience with them. The model number is TB 1515. It has a 15" downward firing driver, a 15" forward facing passive radiator and a 250W class D amplifier. I've been scouring the net and haven't found much on this unit other than from the manufacturer so I'd appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks pardners.

------------------
Tekdredger

[This message has been edited by tekdredger (edited January 19, 2004).]

#7973 - 01/21/04 01:27 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
dcm is not the best usually. 250wts on a 15" is pretty weak. sucks you cant audition it, thats the only true way to find out how good it is model to model. meaning that a company usually makes something that is good does not guarantee it always does...

#7974 - 01/22/04 07:17 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

I found one on display at a store yesterday and I was not real impressed. I know I'm kind of a cheapskate but I expected to see better materials used in a sub that lists for $700. It didn't fair too well on the 'ol knuckle rap test either. It was hooked up and playing but I can't say it was demonstrated. It was just playing some pop schlock fm or cd at background levels. What I did hear was kind of "wooly". The "deal" I had originally found was $348, new in a sealed box. After seeing it on the showroom floor I decided it was definitely overpriced initially and $348 is probably about what it is worth and not really a "deal" at all. At that point I didn't bother trying to track down a salesperson to run it through it's paces...I'm taking a pass on this one.

------------------
Tekdredger

#7975 - 01/22/04 07:35 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
tekdredger:

If you are looking for a good subwoofer and not want to spend a lot, check out this thread. http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000314.html

#7976 - 01/23/04 12:41 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
spiker that thread has very little to do with subs.... ???

#7977 - 01/23/04 02:14 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
But some and at the time, it was located very close to tekdredger’s post. I can’t recall where they are at the moment but there are more extensive discussions on subwoofers. Tekdredger, try "search" in the saloon and you may find what you like.

#7978 - 01/23/04 07:09 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Spiker,

Thanks for the leads but I'm not really looking for a subwoofer. This one found me and I hate to pass up a good deal if one presents itself. Sorry if I misled anyone, but all I was looking for was a little firsthand feedback regarding DCM subs. And like I said in my last post, I don't think this turned out to be such a good price after all. End of story as far as I'm concerned...unless someone still wants to correct my initial impressions. Thanks again.

------------------
Tekdredger

#7979 - 01/24/04 05:50 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Jeff Aguilar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
The first powered sub I bought was Mitsubishi. That pacticular sub was built by DCM and had the Mits lable put on it. I was really impressed with it until I got a SVS sub. There was no comparison. Now when I look back at the DCM sub, it was really overpriced. I spent $699 on it and replaced it with a $750 16/46pc. It was not even close! The SVS was at least 5 times better. I would stay away from DCM subs.

Jeff

Who's Online
1 registered (govguru), 72 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM