My LFM-1c arrived early this morning. Thankfully the excellent packing (double boxed with heavy styrofoam corners) protected the sub as it obviously took a hit. One corner was smashed through both boxes exposing the styrofoam. It shipped from Carson, CA although Outlaw is in Easton, MA. The FedEx driver is known to us and made a note just in case there was concealed damage.

The aesthetics are every bit as good as described, especially the black plexiglass inlaid top. No "industrial" look here. Very nice.

Mine arrived with those plastic spiked feet instead of metal too. This despite my specifically asking for the metal when I placed my order. I don't know if the metal is discontinued and this is what they're now supplying now or not. Anyone know what the deal is here?

Although I'm still tweaking the settings, thus far I'm quite pleased with the LFM-1c in my 3426 ft3 room (which I know is stretching things). I'm driving my 7+1 system with an Onkyo TX-SR705. Impacts are felt throughout the room and my body.

--Bob

Addendum: just found this on another forum which explains the conflict between what is delivered and what the manual calls out as being supplied:

"Update on the spike feet:
I contacted Outlaw via their web form and received a reply the next day. Apparently Outlaw has changed the specs for the Compact accessories. Because the Compact requires taller spikes (more clearance), they've switched to the taller plastic spike feet. As long as they're functional, well built and not an eyesore, I'm ok with them. Only time will tell whether they're well built. Also, the dimple discs should be included regardless of the type of spike feet, so Outlaw is shipping out the discs to me. Thus far I've been pleased with their customer support.
Last edited by laulau : 12-31-07 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Update. "

I agree with laulau and wish the dimpled discs were supplied proforma. Guess I need to ask for a set....