Quote:
Originally posted by pepe12:
Hi guys,
It's been a while, vacation, business trips, etc...but the thought of upgrading my system made its way and I finally placed an order for a 7125.

That's it, my first step into the dedicated amp world.
I'll let you know what non expert ears think about the difference with integrated amp.

I will leave the Yam in between the sound card and the Outlaw though, since it comes handy with the few components connections to manage.

I wished to thank you very much for your expertise and prompt answers everytime.
See you soon with listening impressions..
I started out years ago with a Kenwood receiver. After a few months it started to have problems and I repalced it with an Adcom Pre-Amp and 2ch Amp. I could hear an improvement going from a receiver to seperates. I had this set-up for about 8 years, then got an Outlaw 950 processor and an Adcom 5ch amp. I could hear an improvment again. Two years ago I repalced this with an Outlaw 990 and 7125 amp. Sound got even better. Then this summer I replaced the amp with the 7500 in preperation of buying new speakers. The 7500 had a "fuller" sound to it, over the 7125. Bass was more defined and not as "muddy" on the low notes. Then a month later I got my new B&W 804S/HTM3S speakers and heard a major upgrade in sound quality.

Unless a person has A LOT of money to buy the best up front, most of us take "baby steps" over the years....replacing a piece at a time. I'm sure what I have now will last a long time, but then I might get a better CD player, DAC, or the repalcement to the 990 next year.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your 7125 as I was.
I have mine for sale on Audiogon, since it was replaced with the 7500.