I added a Bryston 4B SST-C to my system. Now the 7500 runs the Center (ML Cinema i) and the 4 surrounds. The Bryston handles my Martin Logan Vantages.

While the Outlaw was better than OK with the ML Vantage speakers-esp with transients, the Bryston has a smoother sound when listening to clasical music piano and sorts out complex multiple instrument passages much better (quartets etc) when listening in a stereo setup. The soundstage seems a better as well.

The 7.1 system sounds very very good for video and the 2 side speakers that are now on the Outlaw (from a 25 year old Hafler) are doing better in terms of ambience and transients.

The Bryston has more power, a factor of 10 better distortion specs, and may handle the complex impedance load of the Vantages better. All of those factors may explain the difference in to the listener.

I have made several suggestions over the years that Outlaw enter the high quality stereo amp market. I hope they do. I decided not to wait to find out if they were.

Joel