Hey wmeckle,
nice work on your speaker cabinets. I too have done DIY speaker projects and have been enjoying the higher quality and value over store bought ones. I believe it will do a lot of good to convince other Outlaws about the benefits of DIY and kit speakers. Most of Outlaw fans if not all, have something in common. It is to get quality audio products at competitive price. Perhaps a coherence can be achieved from electronic signals (pre-amp) to air vibrations (driver cone) if they delve into DIY or kit speakers. I was a bit nervous and skeptical about building my own speakers at the beginning. Once I started to see my friends' reaction to my home built speakers versus their store bought ones, I knew my effort was well worth it. They were upset that mine sound better than theirs and I've spent less. What about the custom finish options? Will the name brands even give that kind of option at a competitive price? I doubt it.

Here's what I would say to other Outlaws. Give DIY and kit speakers a serious consideration. See the link page and look up Madisound, Parts express, Acoustic visions & Adire audio.

What is your opinion on home built speakers wmeckle?