Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
I've used the Neglex in my studio for mic runs. For my own equipment projects, I use BNCs instead of RCAs. The crimp BNC is really easy to terminate onto RG59.

Hi Soundhound:
I'd prefer BNCs also, but it is too late to convert everything now, also the BNC sockets are too large to fit on most later home components.

I've been playing with the idea of constructing an infinite baffle cabnet for my mains using the Altec 416 8B driver. I would probably keep the cabinet volume about the same as the A7 cabinet so as not to raise the resonant frequency of the woofer too much. I cross over now to my subs (four 18" JBLs) at 60Hz with a 4th order Linkwitz-Riley. I would want to keep the woofer offset to the rear of the cabinet so the physical alignment with the horn wouldn't be uspset. Any thoughts on this?

E-Mail me to: soundhound@wmeckle.com and I'll reply with an Altec factory bulletin attached that details the Xover hook up depending on the offset of the horn to woofer.
Don't think you'll have any problems with a 60 HZ Xover and a 5 or 6 cu. ft. sealed box. Easy to measure the Fb rise though.
http://www.wmeckle.com