I just purchased a "b-stock" 970. I hooked it up to my new Theta Intrepid amp and got HUGE buzz from my speakers. I mean HUGE - not your standard ground loop. So bad, I was afraid I might have damaged the speakers. After removing the RCA cords from the amp and 970, the speakers no longer buzz - so I assume the amp is working ok (so just the speakers and amp are connected - no preamp). It's just when I attached the 970 to the amp, the buzz returns. I went to install a "cheater plug" on the 970 and noticed there is no 3rd prong on the 970 power cord?! Could this be the issue? I just purchased a full SVS spekaer system as well.
Your input please. I don't know what to do at this point.....I'm confused and frustrated as heck.
Thank you,
Jon

P.S. The Theta Intrepid instructions states the following......
"Please Note: Each channel is a balanced bridge amplifier, thus the negative speaker terminal is NOT a ground, and cannot be connected to a ground or a loudspeaker system with a common ground. Consult your speaker manufacturer to ensure that any speaker in your system that will be connected to the Intrepid does NOT have internal circuity with a common ground. Damage will occur if the negative terminal is connected to ground, or to a terminal of another channel or module."