The 970 bugs (predominantly the audio drop-outs) appear to still be lingering, but from what tidbits I've gotten from Scott it sounds like they are still intently seeking a permanent solution - biggest problem has been the difficulty in repeating the problem consistently so programmers could figure out the cause.

The LMC-1 has had a bumpy road, too, I'm afraid. Emotiva has split away from AV123 and are now solely responsible for sales and support. There remain several bugs in the LMC-1 that I don't believe have been resolved. I haven't been able to find a definitive list of problems at AV123, and some that have been reported appeared to be resolved by the Pro Logic II from back in the summer, but a few that I believe are still present are: PLIIx mode always goes to Music even when Movie or Virtual is selected, signal lock problems when shifting between Dolby 2.0 and Dolby 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 defaulting to Dolby EX decoding, and some general issues with surround mode preference memory. In light of the LMC-1's inability to get firmware updates loaded without a trip back to Emotiva's offices, I'd be leery of getting one at this point.