Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce E:

2. Yesterday, my Oppo 971H DVD player wouldn't turn on; the buttons all flashed their lights rapidly but wouldn't respond otherwise, the unit eventually going back into standby. I tried various things, including unplugging it from the power strip, but to no avail until I finally tried waking up the 970 from standby first - that worked. Later, when I tried to put the 970 into standby, it wouldn't go - no response from either the PWR button on the remote or the front-panel switch. Taking a clue from my earlier experience, I woke the Oppo up from standby, and then the 970 went into standby okay. Any ideas about this?
I just thought I'd add an epilog to this story. I determined that the Oppo's failure to power up from standby had nothing to do with the 970. After contacting Oppo's service guys - who were very prompt and helpful, by the way - I was able to narrow it down to a faulty DVI-DVI cable (the one that came with the Oppo). They're sending me a replacement, and in the mean time I'm just running the DVI directly to my projector, bypassing the 970. Problem solved!