Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75521 - 08/27/06 11:33 PM 970 HDMI-DVI-HDMI Problem
wplong1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New Orleans
Hello to everyone, I have looked, but not found my problem discussed, hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. Am the new owner of a 970/7075 combo. It is as everyone knows, a gorgeous, functional, no gimmick set up, I love it. However, I am having video problems. One of the features I was most looking forward to was DVI switching and no longer having to scroll through/change inputs on the TV, but I can't get it to work perfectly. Here is the setup/problem:

Before the 970/7075 I ran my Motorola DVR 6412 straight to my 42 Panasonic EDTV plasma with the DVR outputting 480p. The picture was gorgeous and I had no problems (would put it up against lesser HD plasmas anyday). My DVD was running separately directly to the TV via component for whatever difference it makes. I receive the 970, and run the DVR to the 970 with an HDMI-DVI cable (got good quality cables from ramelectronics.net) and from the 970 to the plasma with a DVI-HDMI cable. The problem is, that no matter what setting you have the video output on the DVR (trying to use 480p), putting the 970 in the middle "forces" the DVR to switch its output to 720p. I have tried every combination of settings on the DVR, including the service menu, tried different order of turning the components on and off, but no matter what, once the 970 is turned off and then back on, the DVR reverts to 720p. This was not a problem before using the 970. A submission to Outlaw recieved a response that the switch in the 970 shouldn't cause anything to change, that it just functioned as a simpole A/B switch, but clearly something is happening. Any suggestions are appreciated, let me know of any additional information needed to sort this out. Have been through this forum as well as avsforum.com and can't find anyone with a similar problem.

#75522 - 08/27/06 11:54 PM Re: 970 HDMI-DVI-HDMI Problem
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It makes me wonder if the Motorola is reacting oddly to the presence of a switch - any information at AVS about folks pairing the 6412 with switchers? The biggest problem looking for similar cases is that 720p is probably going to be a common setting for an HD DVR since it's close to the native resolution of many HDTV's.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Today at 03:13 AM