Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#755 - 01/17/02 01:00 PM Having a difficult time making an Outlaw decision...HELP
Harpua Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Milford, CT United States
I currently have a fairly humble HT system, consisting of a Denon 1800 DD/DTS receiver, and Klipsch Reference series speakers at all corners, including a KSW-15 subwoofer. Anyway, I am now coming to the conclusion that my Denon is the weakest link, *goodbye*(sorry, I couldn't resist) Anyway, my heart is really set on going with seperate components, unfortunately I am still a fairly young guy, whose checkbook wont quite cooperate yet. The most logical thing to do right now is to purchase the 1050, which would leave the option to upgrade with a seperate 5 channel amp down the road. Now, I know that not many DVD's right now are encoded in DTS ES 6.1, so right now the 950/770 combo doesn't seem justifiable. Just wondering, will I regret purchasing the 1050 in a year or so? More importantly, how much of a jump in sound quality/imaging will I see if I upgrade my Denon 1800 to the Model 1050?
Thanks,
Harpua

#756 - 01/17/02 02:48 PM Re: Having a difficult time making an Outlaw decision...HELP
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
Harpua,

Since I haven't heard the Denon, I'm not certain how much difference you would be able to discern. I know that when I replaced my old Yamaha Pro-Logic receiver with the 1050, the sound seemed cleaner and the soundstage opened up and got deeper. Even my wife could tell the difference. I'd guess that you would have a similar experience upgrading from your present Denon.

I've had my 1050 for over a year now and still am satisfied with my decision (even though I paid $100 more than you will). If cash is tight and you really want separate components, you may want to cruise through some pawn shops occationally or monitor some of the auction and classified sites (Ebay, Audiogon, etc.)

Now about the weakest link in your system, what about those Klipsch speakers? Just kidding. Even though I now run a set of Monitors in my main listening area, I still enjoy going to the basement and hearing my old Klipsch KG's.

#757 - 01/18/02 02:17 AM Re: Having a difficult time making an Outlaw decision...HELP
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Harpua,

I bought the Outlaw based on three things. One, a recommendation by someone I trusted that had heard one and said it was worth trying out, especially with the 30 day trial. Two, the atmosphere of this website. The company side and these forum threads really convinced me it was worth trying. And finally, like so many of my fellow Outlaws, it fit my budget!

Sure I wanted more, separates and all that, but I honestly have been nothing but happy with my purchase and I think you would be too. This unit has far exceeded any expectations I had going in. Read through these threads and you'll see my story echoed in a myriad of variations, but all very satisfied.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
scoooter 2
butchgo 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics