Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75125 - 01/24/06 06:12 PM 970 surround decoding question
apodaca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
I am a potential outlaw customer and would like to know how it handles a 7.1 setup. Specifically is there a way to simply turn on/engage Dolby Pro Logic IIx for standard Dolby Digital? In other words does one have to select via menu or remote the PLIIx option each time a movie is started ? I know some recivers have this option.

Thanks,

(Also plese state for DTS tracks as well).

#75126 - 01/24/06 06:34 PM Re: 970 surround decoding question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't used a 970 or 1070, but my understanding is that their behavior is as follows: you can select Pro Logic IIx by pressing the Dolby button on the remote to cycle through Dolby processing modes. Once you've used PLIIx on a specific input with a DD (or DTS) soundtrack, it will remember that preference the next time you play such a soundtrack on that input. There are three mode buttons (Dolby, DTS, and Stereo) that each offer a range of options depending on the source (DTS will do nothing with a DD 5.1 track but will offer NEO:6 with a stereo input; Dolby will offer PLIIx with a DTS input; ...). You don't have to press "Dolby" to cycle through Dolby modes each time you start a disc because it will remember the mode you used last for that particular input format on that source - you'll have to set it the first time you use each different format on that source.

#75127 - 01/24/06 09:02 PM Re: 970 surround decoding question
apodaca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
Thanks. On my Harman AVR I have to do this each time I put in a movie since the receiver automaticaly defaults to either DTS or DD 5.1. Some receivers have an option to select PLIIx as default when a standard DD or DTS track is selected. Cool liks there.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM