I have a few issues with the 970. Does anyone else's 970 occasionally not respond to the remote or front panel buttons (except the standby button)? I have had about 5 different occasions where the 970 would not respond to remote commands (the original remote or my MX-700) right after being turned on. This required that I hit the standby button on the front panel then turn it back on to reset it. Additionally, sometimes there is no audio from my OPPO DVD player (via optical 1), and I have to reset the Outlaw with the standby button. This usually happens right after I hit play on the a DVD menu. I never had this happen with the 950.

I miss my 950 sometimes. It just worked. It takes the 970 much too long to turn on, so I have had to program a 5 sec wait macro into my MX-700 remote in order to get my TV to see the video signal. (If it turns on before 5 sec, it will not see the video signal from the Outlaw. This requires that I cycle the inputs on the TV.) The 950 was practically instantaneous in this regard and I had no problems. Of course now I have to train my girlfriend to hold the remote aimed up for about 5 sec after the turn on button is hit. She doesn't doesn't understand why I bought a new processor and now she has to do this. This is a problem with my TV, but it was an unexpected frustration when I got the new processor. frown Is the 990 quicker to boot up? I may upgrade if that is the case, as this is frustrating. Also, I haven't been reading the 990 forum much. Are any users having the non-responsive problems like I described? I haven't flashed the firmware as I don't have the problem the new firmware fixed. (I use a Panny AE900 as well, but with DVI-HDMI.) Should I try this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

BTW, The 970 sounds noticeable better to me than the 950. That all may be attributed to having delays now for the sub and rear surrounds. I use the unit for about 90% movies 10% music. Also, I like the look of the unit over the 950 with the exception that the display is harder to read and can't be dimmed. The processor is close to me
and the bright blue display is annoying while watching my front projector. Hopefully Outlaw will release a firmware upgrade soon that allows the display to be dimmed or turned off ... PLEASE! Also, renaming the inputs on the OSD would be nice too. smile