We'll i just received my 970 over the weekend, but I don't have time to fully put it into my system until after the weekend. Today I unpacked the unit and have to say that it seems like a very well made unit. It compares in build quality to my B&K Ref 10, which I paid $1,700 for new the month it came out. It is more solid than I expected it to be.

I set it up with an old DVD player to test out the component video switching. I only hooked up Component in DVD and Video 2 for my DVD player and X-Box and only connected the component out to the my TV.

I am happy to report first that the unit passes Blacker than Black (or Below Black). Secondly I tried the opening scene for Toy Story 2 and saw no white flashes. I reviewed this scene many times.

Unfortunately now my 970 is back in the box until (early) next week, when I can spend a couple of hours installing it into my system.

Anyone know if the remote codes have been sent to Harmony? or I'm guessing I could just use the template for the 1070.

Merry Christmas and Best Regards,

Charlie