Doug917,

If you do a Saloon search for "stereo subs" limited to just "Soundhound" you will turn up several threads / posts.

One of the best is http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/000250.html#000002

What if you had two subs, and the result was that only one of them was working at all? An extreme example I know, but it would defeat the purpose of having two (or more) subs - and would certainly not be a case of "squeezing every last bit of performance" out of them.

In your less extreme example, having one sub working harder than the others is likewise a compromise, and would also patially defeat part of the purpose of having multiple subs: smoothing out the room response.

MeanGene,

I guess my math ability does not match yours!

As previously noted, an alternative, although not a very attractive one, would be to use one SMS-1 for each sub. Two subs equals $1198. Three subs equals... Never heard of anyone operating a ten sub system like you appear to be doing!

I would have thought that a change in the system's software that would see it cycle through each sub individually and then treat them all globally, along with any very minor hardware mods (if any) would not have added significantly to the cost. The SMS-1 at $599. The SS-1 Pro for $699? I'd buy that.

Jeff Mackwood