Again, you keep assuming because I have a digital setup HT that I don't appreciate 2 channel sound. I am simply pointing out that Outlaw makes plenty of gear to meet your needs if you look outside of only two channel gear. Complaining that Outlaw doesn't make a two channel machine is a little short of the mark since the 2150 does exist and they also make single channel amps so we can use two for stereo if we want. The 2150 has the ability to output its preamp section into the 2200s to power whatever speakers you may have. Remember you are in the Outalw forum and you asked for help a sub $1K pre-amp. So naturally we tend to respond with Outlaw equipment. I am sure AVS can help with the other gear.

For the record, I do have 2 speakers set up for 2 channel sound in both homes that I own. Those same speakers are able to be part of my 7 channel system when I want, with just the flip of my remote. If your 970 switches by itself into PL IIx it is either setup wrong or it is defective. Is it possible it is sensing source material which has more than 2 channels and switching based on that info? Gonk probably has better insight as to the details of the 970.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner