I have the same problem with my 1070 now. Initially, probably 6 months ago or so, it started making crackling noises when I first turned it on, then slowly, say after about 5-10 minutes the noises would disappear and everything would work fine. It's continued to do that and depending on the weather I think, it sometimes worked OK right away, or took a few minutes to 'settle down'.

But now, all of a sudden when I go to turn it on the little yellow light turns green and then nothing. Nothing on the display and the unit doesn't seem to even get hot. Initially I just turned it off, and unplugged it then plugged it back in after a minute or two, and then it worked. However, after about 15 minutes or so, the sound cut out for a second or two and then it started clicking like it was cycling the power or switching sources. This started last week, but now it seems to be totally dead. The yellow light goes on and turns green when I try to power it up. but then nothing. Nothing on the display, no sound, seemingly no power. I'm going to let it sit for a day or so and see if anything changes.

I hate to have to send it back to Mass. because I live in Hawaii and the shipping is a small fortune!

Any ideas on maybe a 'simple' fix? Maybe if I can get it powered on again I can reload the firmware, but I have a feeling that won't actually do anything. Maybe re-seat some boards or connections inside? Is it possible a fuse could have blown or something? Are there any lithium batteries inside that might have died?

- Brian