I really enjoy my B-stock 1070 as far as the sound quality. Honestly, it just blows me away everytime I play a quality mixed DVD! My previous A/V receiver was an 8 year old JVC with DD decoding (no DTS), which I thought was pretty good until I tried the 1070. It was like night and day. My Bose 701s and surrounds came alive!

My only gripe is that there is always some sort of problem with the 1070. First, problems with the sound, then the VCR video would flip, then firmware update and the sound was fixed, but video still flipping, then recently the video doesn't flip but just today the sound went out again. UGGHHH!!! It is very frustrating to have so many problems for a high-end component. When it works, the sound is awesome, but my JVC which cost a 1/3 of the 1070 never had any problems. I know there is more to the 1070 than the JVC, but for the price you pay and the reputation Outlaw has built I would expect to not have any problems.

Again, this has been a sore spot for me recently, because I really, really like the 1070's sound but don't want to constantly try and fix it. Maybe the issues are isolated to me, so ask a few others around here if they have the same continued problems and would they buy another 1070 if given the opportunity. Hope this helps ya.
Mitsubishi LaserVue L75
Legacy Audio Whispers, Marquis, Decos, Studio HDs, and Metro sub
Blue Jeans Cable cables