Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#72972 - 05/19/07 08:13 PM Videotape picture bad
Bob Becker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, D.C.
I have a somewhat old Panasonic VCR attached to my 1070. If I watch TV using the VCR tuner fed through the 1070 to the screen the image is fine. If I patch the VCR out directly to the TV the recorded picture is fine. But if I play a videotape through the 1070 to the screen the color flashes in and out. I have tried using coax interconnect cables, as well as audio interconnects. There is no difference.

The issue is not what is being recorded on the tape and later played back, and it is not the signal getting to the VCR from the antenna. It is something that is apparently happening after the signal is entering the 1070.

Thanks, Bob

#72973 - 05/20/07 12:16 AM Re: Videotape picture bad
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

A few things that might help isolate what is going on:

> How old is the VCR? Does it have a tracking control eihter on the remote or front panel? DOes that make any difference?

> Is the underlying picture OK, but the color is flashing, or is the whole picture breaking up? Is there any "tearing" at the top of the picture?

> Is the connection between the VCR and 1070 via S-Video or standard composite?

> What is the connection between the 1070 and your display? What type of display?

> Not seeing you offer otherwise, one presumes you have no problems with other sources through the 1070 to your display?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 218 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts