I'm using a Westinghouse 37" 1080p LCD, which has two component inputs, both support from 640x480 up to 1920x1080 resolution. Unfortunately I have 3 devices that use component inputs so I can't just use the monitor's inputs, which don't have this issue.

Also, the Harmony remote I'm using doesn't have the device buttons exactly right, so basically that prevents me from switching back and forth between component inputs easily on the monitor, so I'd much rather use the receiver.

Plus, the Wii's component cables only have a small amount of reach between the audio part and video part of the cables, so I couldn't plug them into two separate places anyway.

I did not have the issue using the Wii composite cable, but that also was only 480i obviously, and looks a lot worse, so that's not really a good solution.

My best guess would be that certain screens within the game, when they're passed through the 1070, cause the monitor to need to re-sync onto the video signal. I thought in progressive mode, it was just a straight passthrough, so that doesn't make much sense to me, but thats what happens.