Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#71849 - 03/12/06 04:47 PM IR Input Jack Problems
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
Has anyone using the IR input jack on the 1070 had any problems?

I recently hooked mine up and it does not appear to be working. I can point the remote at the front IR window and everything works, but if I cover the window and point the remote right into the front of the IR repeater it does not affect the receiver.

I know it's not the IR repeater as it works with all the other components. I have used 2 different cables, and 2 different ports on the IR splitter.

I could glue an IR sender on the front of the unit, but it's supposed to work off the rear connector so I don't have to. Does that option need to be turned on or something?

I have NOT loaded the latest firmware update - I haven't found a serial cable that long yet, and I'm not going to disconnect everything again just to flash it, but IR problems wasn't on the list of things fixed.

#71850 - 04/08/06 11:51 AM Re: IR Input Jack Problems
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
Just FYI, I gave up on this and put an IR shooter over the window and now everything is fine.

My guess is that the signal coming in the wired connection from the rear combined with the signal that was also being received by the IR pickup in the front of the unit was confusing the hell out of it.

My receiver is located in an area that is normally exposed unless I drop the movie screen and then it is blocked - most of the problems occurred during normal usage.

I have since loaded the latest firmware upgrade also and that had no effect.

I would suggest tot he design team that they set up the rear IR jack like a headphone jack and they disable the front IR sensor if anything is plugged into it. This is the only thing I can think of unless there was actually something wrong with the rear IR input or the Xantech system I am using is not putting out enough signal.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 187 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM