You can generally go back and forth from balanced to unbalanced / XLR to RCA or 1/4". The only potential problem is a mis-match in levels, but this only occurs in professional or semi-pro equipment that uses +4dbu as a reference level. Even then, it is sometimes not an issue.

Not knowing you locale, I can't recommend any specific places to find an adaptor cable. I would suggest the closest thing you can find to a pro-audio or pro-music supply store. Hosa makes a lot of cables that have a variety of connectors on them. I don't know specifically if they make an RCA unbalanced to XLR cable, but it's worth a look. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can cut the end off an RCA cable and solder it to the XLR as I recommended in my other post. If you don't solder, this would be a good opportunity to learn - it can come in handy at times.

BTW: The resulting connection with this cable will be unbalanced, but this is not really an issue unless you are running wires for something like 100', or in a really electronically hostile enviornment. It won't be an issue with your powered speakers, nor should there be any level mis-match that can't be made up for with the level control.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 20, 2003).]