rdperry:
I feel your pain on this one. I am in a similar situation. I have separates now, but they are quite old and I only have Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital. I am at a point where I really want DTS, and PLII. I have decided that I will use Outlaw Equipment as my next processor/receiver, but I can't decide which way to go. On one hand I could get the 1070 and use it while the whole mess is figured out with HDMI, Firewire.. etc.. Then get the processor after the 990. My wife and I are in a small condo now and I really would only need the 1070 so I could consolidate some equipment. The thought is that in the future the 1070 could end up being spun off into the bedroom or elsewhere when we have a house. Another thought is that I could just get the 990 and there is a really good chance that it would hold me over for a long time. The only concern I have about the 1070 is the fact that is doesn't have assignable DVI or Component inputs. Unless I am wrong the way they are assigned it is really only useful to use one or the other, not both. On the 990 they are both fully assignable. I am sure that sonically the 990 is superior, but I'm also sure that the difference is subtle.

Painttoad:
I have no tools and no ability to fabricate my own cabinets. So full on DIY would be difficult. Those sepeakers look great.

Regards,

Charlie