Hi all, I reserved a place on the 1070 reservation list, but then chickened out when the invitation arrived.

I have been using Adcom separates for years. If I buy the 1070, I will use it as a pre-pro with my Adcom amp for the front L & R channels. I do not want to settle for any sonic compromise with 2 channel music compared to my Adcom GTP 500 II tuner-preamp, which is very quiet, colorless, and transparent.

So before making a decision, I would appreciate any feedback on the following questions:

1) Has anyone tried the 1070 as a pre-pro with an external amp, and has anyone compared it sonically in this configuration (2 channel pre-out) to any other preamps or pre-pro's?

2) I have an old 32 inch TV with an S-video input but no component input. The picture is fine. I plan to buy a HDTV monitor someday but not for at least a year. Do I really need video switching at all in my receiver/pre-pro? Don't the new HD monitors have multiple HDMI/DVI and component inputs? I don't want to pay for features that I will probably not use.

3) Maybe I will just wait for the new optical HD format(s) with the new Dolby & DTS surround modes to arrive, rather than buy a 1070 that may not be able to process those new formats internally. I don't like the idea of buying 8 interconnects to go from my disc player to my receiver/pre-pro. Any comments?

Thanks in advance!