Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7133 - 01/12/03 08:23 AM Center channel speaker for Thiel CS 2.2's?
Metal Mike Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
I have a set of Thiel CS 2.2 speakers that are being promoted to a home theater system. I still love these babies. Any ideas, short of buying Thiel's center channel speaker ($$$), on what other center channel speaker might complement the CS 2.2's? How can you get into at least the ballpark of a matched speaker short of listening to everything in the showrooms or better yet bringing center channels home to place side by side with the 2.2's? A speaker by Revel has been recommended to me but I am not sure if it is because it might really match up with the 2.2's or if it is simply because this is what the store has to offer.

#7134 - 01/12/03 11:02 PM Re: Center channel speaker for Thiel CS 2.2's?
gregoryx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Newport Beach, CA
I ran the Tannoy Revolution RC with my CS3.6s for a while. The sound match was good.

I listened to a few different centers with the 2.3s that were at the shop including two from Thiel and preferred the sound of the Tannoy over the low-end Thiel, though the high-end Thiel ($2K, if I recall correctly) was a bit better, but it was WAY too big for my environment.

In the end, I've returned the Tannoy for aesthetics reasons; I'm going to Niles DS6500ATs in the ceiling for all the surrounds.

I'd recommend the Tannoy for sound and price, especially as a match with the Thiels.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 230 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM