I'm building a home theater. It's roughly 2,300 cubic feet (20x13x9). I'll be driving five speakers (Rocket one 200, two 250s, and two 300s) and a sub to be determined. I would like the flexibility to add two additional speakers should the fancy strike me.

I'll be using my system exclusively for television and movie viewing, using a DirectTV HD DVR and an HTPC, both connected via DVI to a front projector.

I added myself to the waiting list for the Outlaw 1070, largely because of the DVI switching and Outlaw's reputation. I cannot purchase any Denon equipment do to a past experience that lead my wife to forever ban Denon products from our home. I'd like to keep the budget to $1,000 or less and would be quite happy to make it less. If you think that's a big mistake, I'll be willing to listen to reasons why I should spend more.

I'm not really interested in cranking out incredibly high volume levels or using goofy sound fields. I just want it to sound clear at reasonable volume levels. Having the ability to compress the dynamic range of non-DD material would also be nice.

I don't need any multi-room capability. I don't need a phono input.

It's important that the receiver have discrete remote signals for things like power on, power off, and device selection as I will be controlling it with a Pronto.

How does the 1070 seem as a choice? What else would you suggest, and why?