I received my Ascend CBM 170's today. Nicely double boxed. I got them set up just in time for my two year to get home asleep. So, the sound meter went back in its box for another day .

I listened to some Norah Jones, Diana Krall-Live in Paris and India.Arie-Acoustic Soul at moderate levels. The improvement in sound over the Atoms was immediately noticible. I could hear things like the high hat and brushs on the drums I've never heard before. Piano was tremendously improved especially higher notes. And the voices of these women never sound like this before. My wife was amazed at the sound difference and pleased with the looks of speakers. I guess I won't be hearing, Are they availible in white? Can't you get something smaller?, anymore.

I was only able to play with the home theater for a few minutes. I threw in Monsters, Inc. Listened the THX show off piece and the door vault scene. It is funny how much the score adds to the movie experience and now I'm hearing all of it. I can't wait to calibrate the system and experience a movie.

That's it for now. More next week when I've experienced some movies and a wider array of music.

[This message has been edited by Q-man (edited January 11, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Q-man (edited January 11, 2003).]