I finally finished making 7' pair of Cat 5 cables for my mains a week ago. They still need more break in time but it has already shown my time spent was worth it. For total of $50 including nice spades and banana plugs, I could not ask for more. Of course, you can spend more (a lot more) and get a better pair but if you are looking for a value, this is hard to beat. I have Vifa A/V kit speakers from Madisound which are said by other consumers to be superior to many consumer grade speakers costing up to $1,000 for a pair and this Cat 5 cables bring out a lot of good things from my speakers. For those who say "not notice the difference" may be because of the speakers they have. I used to have a pair of JBL N-38 which are decent speakers for the price but I could not notice the difference when I was testing different quality interconnects. I did the same test while using my Vifa A/V speakers, and there it is! Quality interconnects do make differences in clarity, detail and the dynamics (pardon me if my terminology is less than par, I'm not an acoustical engineering major). So do the speaker cables. Think of it this way, if a person driving a Honda Accord which is a decent car for the price, decides to put a set of tires that are made for Ferrari and expect Accord to accelerate like Ferrari will be in for a disappointment. On the other hand, if a Ferrari owner decides to use a set of average tires from say, a department store which I doubt any Ferrari owner will, that person is not making the most out of that fine car. What a waste of time that will be. Its about the compatibility and fine tuning.