Doug917,

I am aware that directing bass to the sub lightens the load for the receiver/amp... but DDavid said the following:

"Has anyone experience the 7125 shutting down the front left and right channels after about 15 minutes of playing at high volume? I am using Klipsch RF35 as mains . They are 8 ohms. "

My Rocket mains and surrounds are 6 ohm, with a 4 ohm center. I drive them with an Onkyo TX-SR702 rated at 100 W/ch, but will 5 channels driven it's probably closer to 50 W/ch. And the Onkyo drove them for 6 months before I got the SVS, so all 5 speakers were set Large.

During those 6 months, I listened to movies at 72 dB at the listening position 13 feet from the mains/center... so the mains/center were putting out 84 dB at 1 meter (plus more dB for peaks)

DDavid did not mention the dB level at his listening position, but if my Onkyo 702 drove the 4 ohm center (receiver is rated at 6 ohm and above), and 6 ohm mains and 2 surrounds, all full-range without ever shutting down, then it's no wonder why I am concerned with the shut-down issue.

-T