A number of years ago, when Outlaw launched the Model 1050 (which at the time expanded their product line from a "product point" of the Model 750 alone to two products), they offered a $50 discount off of either unit if the buyer had bought from Outlaw before - that was the family discount. I bought my Model 750 that way, paying $1049 instead of $1099. The family discount was somewhat limited, however - I don't think it offered the full $50 on ICBM's, and it didn't apply at all to the interconnects.

Some time around the launch of the Model 950, the combo pricing was introduced and at about that same time the family pricing was phased out. At the time, I suspected that this was at least partially due to the fact that it was easier for everyone involved - the buyer didn't have to know to ask for a family discount, and the order processing system would be much simpler. I benefited from the family discount when it was around, but I felt that the combo pricing scheme that replaced it was an equally good deal since the discounts actually represented a much greater savings - $100 or $200 rather than the old family discount's $50.