Well the holidays are here, and I got to do the big family thing with my immedate and extended family.

After exchanging gifts I got a chance to sit down and talk to family. For those of you that keep track, my father just started working on setting up a modest HT setup after he stopped by my apartment and got a chance to hear my Paridigm Monitor/Onkio Integra setup. We were planning on catching Spider Man in the theaters...but instead wound up watching Wrath of Kahn at my place and watching him drool... (Nice to se this HT stuff is addictive to not just the young).

Anyway a few months back I helped him pick out a Paridigm Studio setup. (He has far more cash to spend then I do).

Anyway, my inlaws were at Christmass (my sister's in-laws..just to clarify). They were talking about hearing dad's system.ANd he annonced a little "addition" to his house. Namely, he'ld just purchased a...

...Bose Lifestyle 35.

He was going on and on about the thing, and figured that he must have gotten quite the deal. He only paid about $3,000 for it. I was siting there in horror. But the real clintcher came when he said the following statement:

"It was worth a lot, but it's Bose. (To my father) I figured that if you paid about $2,000 for your system, and I've never heard of the speakers you use, so this should be REALY good."

I had to nearly bite my toung when he said that. It was one of those weird situations where I wanted to laugh at the guy, and yet I felt so sorry for him...well. You get the idea.

Oh well, I guess every hobby has a dark side. I just hope he doesn't ask me to help him set it up.

-Jason