Pod: well, I have been doing a lot of research into the HD TV, especially the Samsung 6168. This model has 2 HDMI inputs as well as an assortment of component, coaxial and other inputs. So, the two channel DVI switch really doesn't do much (anything) for this TV.

The potential lip sync/ video delay issues are currently being studied by those just receiving this new TV. It is really a shame that they couldn't get a "straight" answer from a company rep. My current opinion is that both of these issues must necessarily be solved in the TV's intrinsic processing. Trying to do it in a separate receiver or pre processor may work, but you may need to program several settings depending on the source and/ or source material. Hopefully, this will be sorted out in the next few days.

The Samsung 6168 has an optical output to connect to external audio equipment. The consensus is that cable or over the air tuner will transmit 5.1 audio through this port. There are questions as to whether the data coming in the HDMI ports will be retransmitted as 2.0 or 5.1. Again, this should be resolved in the next week or two. It does not appear that HDMI inputs or outputs are required on the audio gear. May be a non issue.

Like I said, I haven't made up my mind, and the 990 isn't entirely out of the question. I'm not in a rush. It may be 6-12 months, or longer before I decide.

Right now, my number one issue is whether lip sync will effect my viewing pleasure if I purchase a Samsung 6168.