Forgive me I’m going to cut and paste part of what I posted at another forum a couple of days ago. I’m tired and have been at court all day.
(Soundhound I need an Outlaw margarita!)

“That is the speaker setup (Pro-C 100 with upgrade on center and sub) I was running when I first received my 950/770. I was very impressed with the 950 running them. I was even more impressed when I upgraded to Vienna Acoustics, Beethoven’s and Maestro center, that the Outlaw setup pushed this more demanding line better than the top of the line Pioneer Elite receiver and the B&K separates that they were run with at 2 demos I heard.

I’m really still running Def Tech’s (3 at the moment on the surrounds) I want to upgrade to Vienna’s all around eventually but not now.

I really really was impressed with the Outlaw combo running the Vienna’s, ( I’m not sure about your model Defs but my mains pull 4ohms. Which tells me you’ll should have lots of headroom on your larger (than mine) def techs.

I noticed you mentioned this is your first foray into separates. The 950 was mine too. Honestly I did not ‘like’ it the first 2 weeks, I had to do a lot of tweaking. But realize, I prob messed with settings (I should not have) the first 2 days, before figuring out ‘what’ I was doing. If you don’t have one I cannot recommend strongly enough picking up the Radio Shack or equivalent SPL meter.

Have Fun! Welcome to the family!