Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#69910 - 12/26/09 03:12 AM New 990 owner and member needs some help
jeepjeep Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
Hello all,

Just purchased my first 990 and after studying the instructions for a few days, I have a few questions.

I will be using the 990 for my outdoor theater. It will be rack mounted in a SKB rack case. I will be running (2) powered JBL eons for my front right and left channel, (1) powered JBL eon as my center, (1) Mackie SRS1500 powered sub and possibly (2) 75 watt PA speakers for my rears run through a crown 202.

My questions are as follows:

1.Since I will be using this in a mobile type setup, will unplugging the 990 delete all my presets or are these stored no matter what the power setup is? I will be using this mostly on weekends only.

2.I will be using the Mackie as my only sub. On the Mackie there is a left and right input. I wanted to use the XLR cables. Will this work with only one output to the sub and will I lose any signal with only one input being used?

3. The powered speakers I am using have LED warnings on the back to monitor input signal. In a DJ or band application, these can be monitored. In my setup I do not have a clear line of site to the back of any of my speakers. I have read the setup guide in the instruction manual. I was wondering if using a Behringer XM822 to monitor the gain levels to basically be an alarm in the rack case in case anything changed would be a good idea. Basically it is a 100.00 mixer protecting 2000.00 worth of speakers. Any opinion on this?

I am sure I will have a few more, but this is a start:)

Thanks in advance for any hep or direction.

#69911 - 12/26/09 04:34 PM Re: New 990 owner and member needs some help
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
1.Since I will be using this in a mobile type setup, will unplugging the 990 delete all my presets or are these stored no matter what the power setup is? I will be using this mostly on weekends only.
No. As I recall, the 990's settings persist even through prolonged power outages.
Quote:
2.I will be using the Mackie as my only sub. On the Mackie there is a left and right input. I wanted to use the XLR cables. Will this work with only one output to the sub and will I lose any signal with only one input being used?
It depends on the sub, but typically you can use just the left channel input on the sub.
Quote:
3. The powered speakers I am using have LED warnings on the back to monitor input signal. In a DJ or band application, these can be monitored. In my setup I do not have a clear line of site to the back of any of my speakers. I have read the setup guide in the instruction manual. I was wondering if using a Behringer XM822 to monitor the gain levels to basically be an alarm in the rack case in case anything changed would be a good idea. Basically it is a 100.00 mixer protecting 2000.00 worth of speakers. Any opinion on this?
Not sure on this one. If you plan to push them to levels that might lead to problems, it might be good to have something in place.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
scoooter 2
butchgo 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics