Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69862 - 12/15/09 01:51 AM Re: Issue with DVI->HDMI no picture
Nostalgia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Update on this one: I just opened a ticket with the Outlaws, but figured I'd keep you guys posted. Here's what I sent them, so the backstory is all in one place:

Previously my PC's DVI out went directly to my TV with a DVI<->HDMI cable. This worked fine for several years.

When I installed the 990, I decided to use the Outlaw's video switching to make my life a little easier. So now the PC connects to the 990 with a DVI cable, and the 990 connects to my TV with the same DVI<->HDMI cable as before.

For a while, it worked most of the time. Occasionally when I first accessed that HDMI input on my TV and switched the 990 to the correct input, I would get no video. If I power cycled the 990, the video would appear.

Now, whenever I first switch over to the PC input I get the black screen, but power cycling the 990 does NOT work. I have to reboot the PC - which I know has not locked up, because I can use the Windows Key->t->r to reboot; i.e. I don't have to power cycle the PC.

The only difference I'm aware of is that I finally figured out how to get a true 720p signal to come out of the PC, which I would hope should make things better, not worse. I'm going to go back to the old screen resolution and see if that helps, but it's a less than optimal solution.

The PC is always left on.

-Joe

#85053 - 11/04/10 11:50 AM Re: Issue with DVI->HDMI no picture [Re: Nostalgia]
Kahuna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Hoping to raise this thread from the dead...I've got the same exact problem.

I wasn't using DVI switching previously; I was running an HDMI cable directly from my cable box into my Sony TV and running an optical audio cable into the 990. But yesterday I picked up an Apple TV unit that only has HDMI out and my Sony TV has only one HDMI input.

So I ran an HDMI to DVI cable from the cable box to one of the 990's DVI inputs and did the same for the Apple TV. I also ran an optical cable into the 990 from the Apple TV. Then I ran a DVI to HDMI cable into the Sony. I reconfigured the two video inputs with the menu, and all was good. Sound and audio from either input.

I left the system running for a few hours and came back to audio only; no picture. All settings are exactly as they were when everything was running correctly. I've power cycled all components, with no improvements.

I also tested HDMI to HDMI connections from the cable box to the Sony as well as the Apple TV to the Sony. Those work fine. I also tried moving the HDMI to DVI cables around to see if one was bad--no combination works, and it is highly unlikely that all three cables would go bad at once!

So it looks like the 990 is just not sending video out the DVI Output.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?!?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 319 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM