Quote:
Let us know how the setup goes, Scott!
I started getting into it about three hours ago, and once I started to dis assemble the setup, I decided the best bet would be just to completely take everything apart and start over.

I had too many unused components still hooked in there with such a massive jumble of cables and wires that it's easier to pull everything out of the racks and assemble it all properly and orderly.

For example, I still had a fancy NEC video and audio switcher there. That was from maybe 1988 or so..right when S video connectors came out. The video and audio switching capabilities of the 990 make that un necessary.

I als had two VHS vcr's still in the rack. I rarely ever use even one. I had my very nice Toshiba 9200 DVD/CD/DVD -A player which is a very fine sounding and looking unit with component video outs, but I also had an Adcom 575 CD player. I havn't used that Adcom in years. Since I have a squeezebox Duet system there as well, I only use the Toshiba for DVD audio or the rare DVD movie. Maybe a DTS CD here and there. Heck..I still have a fancy 3 head, 3 motor direct drive Sony cassette player/recorder in there.

I've pretty much got the rack cleared out now and have to sit down and figure out the placement of things with the Outlaw as the centerpiece. The new setup will have far less cables and far fewer components.

I think I'll even pick up a balanced audio cable to connect the main channels output of the 990 to my threshold power amp.

Scott
Emotiva XPA-1 (2), XPA-5
(2) Threshold S200's
Thiel 3.6 main speakers
(2)Velodyne F1500r subs
Polk RTI28 surrounds
B&W HTM center
OPPO BDP-83 universal player
Samsung HLT6187 led DLP