All,

Got a new HDMI cable and did some testing tonight. I failed miserably on both fronts.

On the composite inputs:
I connected the audio inputs of my component splitter to the "video 1 rec out" on the 990 and was unable to get sound from either the cable box (coax) or xbox360 (optical) inputs on the LCD tv. Both sources worked fine in the theater (through amps). I also tried turning on multi-room in the menu and use the "zone 2 out" but got no audio that way either.

If i connected the splitter inputs to the cable box l/r analog out sound worked fine.. so i know my connections are good. Thoughts?

On the HDMI inputs:
I wired up a new 12' hdmi cable bypassing the 990. So connection now goes from BDP-550 right to the Gefen splitter which goes to the Projector and LCD tv. Video still fine, but no audio on the LCD tv. I did not bypass splitter and go directly to tv (as a test) as the cable will not reach - would be a good test though.

On the blueray player i changed the outputs from 'prefer 7.1 analog' to 'hdmi'.. and messed with all the options for dobly downmix, 2 channel audio etc. Link to my HDMI switch below, but it should switch audio.

I did not mention it before but i do have to cat-5 coax runs going to the tv too, if there is some fancy shenannigans one could pull there.. have a soldering iron and willing to go ghetto. smile

Please tell me I am missing some glaring thing here!

Cheers,
Rob

http://industrialcomponent.com/gefen/gehdmi142.html