Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#68588 - 08/31/08 05:33 PM Emotiva to Outlaw.....Trade-up discount program?
J Wags Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Indiana
I currently own an Emotiva LMC-1. Emotiva has stated they will extend a 40% discount off their new processor for past customers.

I "thought" I read somewhere that Peter T. was going to extend some type of discount off Outlaw's new processors for past Emotiva customers....no? I'm ready to upgrade with Outlaw when the new processors become available.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you!

#68589 - 08/31/08 06:14 PM Re: Emotiva to Outlaw.....Trade-up discount program?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Ahhh, the LMC-1 - an interesting product that I spent far too many hours discussing in several online forums...

Mark Schifter (AV123) worked a deal with Peter Tribeman (Outlaw) last year that allowed anyone with an LMC-1 bought from AV123 (prior to Emotiva striking out on their own) to exchange their LMC-1 for a Model 970. The deal ran for a few months, and I don't think it's still in effect. Somewhere there's a thread I started with a FAQ detailing the two products. It has nothing to do with a next-gen Outlaw product, though. For that matter, I don't know how practical it would be to offer a discount for a competitor's customers. Proof of ownership would be tricky unless it was an exchange of some sort, and I can't see Dan Laufman at Emotiva letting Outlaw validate orders against their customer list (much like I wouldn't expect Peter Tribeman to do the same with Outlaw customers for Emotiva).

Any owners of an Outlaw 970 or 990 are eligible for a $200 discount off a next-generation processor (either a 990 replacement or 970 replacement) during the first six months of that next-gen model's production life. This deal, much like Emotiva's discount program, allows the customer to keep their existing processor.

#68590 - 09/01/08 02:47 AM Re: Emotiva to Outlaw.....Trade-up discount program?
J Wags Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Indiana
Gonk....you always seem to be "in the know...."

What can you tell me about the 2 new Emotiva processors vs. what Outlaw is working on?

I just purchased an Emotiva X series amp and I'm VERY disappointed with it.

#68591 - 09/01/08 02:41 PM Re: Emotiva to Outlaw.....Trade-up discount program?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I don't know a lot about either company's offering at the moment. On the one hand, Outlaw has been pretty tight-lipped. On the other, I got a bit burned out on Emotiva after the LMC-1.

We have seen a few tidbits from Outlaw (I'd find the latest newsletter but I'm on my iPhone at the moment). They have mentioned some new and important technology, which has generated several guesses around here, ranging from video processing to room correction). The first one we'll see is a replacement for the 990, so combine the 990 with HDMI v1.3, newer video processing, and probably some sort of room correction.

The Emotiva stuff is apparently based on the Cirrus 49700, as it has been delayed from December 2007 or so (in part because of delays caused by Cirrus). I haven't visited their forum in a while, though, so I don't know what the release schedule or feature set is. Probably ought to check into it at some point, just because it will start to come up more.

#68592 - 09/12/08 05:56 AM Re: Emotiva to Outlaw.....Trade-up discount program?
sb-avnut Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago - W. Suburbs, IL
J Wags:

That "trade your LMC-1 + $350 for a 970" deal never took off. I have asked several times - not ONE single person came forward to say that they took advantage of the deal...

If you are the original owner of the LMC-1, you can get the UMC-1 (entry-level) for $420 or the XMC-1 (mid-level) for $600.

If you are a really "old" owner and you bought the LMC-1 thru av123.com, then you get to buy the UMC-1 for $349 - Dan made the deal even better after the three way pissing match between Dan, Mark and Peter... (look up old threads)

BTW, why are you disappointed with the Emo X series amp. Don't like the sound?

LIVRM 2ch - Philips 963SA,Lexicon DC-1,Carver AV-505,Von Schweikert VR-2,Sony KDF-E42A10

Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM