Here's what I recommend, Bob (even though it may run counter to the tinkerer): calibrate the TV using the BDP-83 with the Spears & Munsil disc and go from there.

The VCR doesn't offer any adjustments even if you had a calibration tape, and you wouldn't want to get your Blu-ray/DVD calibration out of whack for the sake of VHS. Similarly, the cable box typically has no controls and there's no useful calibration source material. If you could find calibration source material, you could potentially set up separate settings in the TV for each source (although that would depend on how your TV works, and might require you to bypass any video switching ahead of the TV).

In some cases, people will separately calibrate a display for a couple of different sources (typically different disc players) if the display can remember different settings. In many cases, a display can save separate settings for each input - this allows you to calibrate it exactly for each source, but requires that you not use any video switching prior to the TV. In other cases (when a display doesn't offer multiple settings or when you need video switching), people can calibrate for one source player and then adjust settings in a second player so that the TV's settings will work for that player as well. Personally, I've always calibrated my display using my primary disc player.