Quote:
Originally posted by FAUguy:
Since I don't have a BD Player (just a Pioneer DV-37 DVD player) and my Panasonic 36" TAU HDTV lacks HDMI or DVI inputs (only component), I might wait on purchasing the new unit. But the $200 discount might be enough for me to act within the first 6 months.

My concern is that with everyone getting the new unit and selling their 990 (eBay/Audiogon) the resale value is going to drop even more. My guess we'll be able to sell our used 990 for about $500. That would leave $900-$1000 difference for the new unit (after $200 discount).
With a $200 discount, I would be more than happy to sell my 990 for $500. They are hardly selling for that on Ebay, so I would be suprised to see it go for that much. I would sell mine for $400 shipped.

I know when the announcment is made that the newer model is "available", I will be placing my order.

It will be interesting to see how it looks. There are some very nice pictures of how it should look in one of the other saloon sections.
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.