This seemed to be the best place to come to for advice and help with my lip sync problem before I appease the wife and sell my 990/7500 combo, referred to "as nothing but a problem since you bought it". I have always been a critical 2-channel listener, but decided to expand into the surround arena recently, hence the combo. I must state for the record that this system bests my old NAD equipment for 2-channel, it sounds great.

Now the nightmare; I have a continuous lip sync problem on cable and 4 out of every 5 movies. There is no rhyme or reason, sometimes the audio is ahead but MOST times the audio lags behind the video. I posted this awhile back in another forum but to no response. I really could use any insight you guys have to offer, because I am totally frustrated with this situation.

Here's an interesting side note, when I play any source with the 990 set to stereo there is no delay at all. Not what I bought the 990 for, to play everything in stereo.

My equipment aside from the Outlaw, is Pioneer DVD and Panasonic plasma. And I did use the auto set up of the 990.

Thanks in advance guys ------------

UMtiger