Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#67499 - 02/03/08 05:03 PM Win Zip
Bill O Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
Do I have to have this program to down load the firmware update. I keep getting a message that all files have been unzipped, yet when I attempt download from a specfic location, it says I must purchase Win Zip.

#67500 - 02/03/08 05:46 PM Re: Win Zip
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
WinZip is just one of a number of programs that can open .zip files. In fact, Windows can extract files fom .zip files by itself.

#67501 - 02/04/08 03:25 PM Re: Win Zip
T_Shirt_Weather Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Westfield, Indiana
Hi,

I don't quite understand your question.

Anyone can download a .ZIP file without having WINZIP or any other .ZIP file extractor installed on their computer. In fact one can download just about any type of file without having the specific software needed to work with that file. Point is; no message like that you described should occur in the download process.

It's when one attempts to extract an already downloaded .ZIP file, but has no .ZIP file extracting software installed on their computer when a message like that the one you described might occur. Is that when you are getting the message?

Gonk is correct, Windows should be able to handle the .ZIP files, but I have seen a number of cases where the Windows function for this doesn't always work for some reason or another.

Just in case; If you have already downloaded the .ZIP file, then try right clicking on it once. When the context menu pops up look for options like "Extract Files", "Extract Here", etc. If you see no "Extract" options in the context menu then you likely, (for some odd reason) don't have anything installed to unzip these files and will need to get and install a program that will.

If you do a Goggle search for "Freeware zip file extractor" there are a number of these types of programs available to download for free. I can't really recommend one of the Freeware programs, since I have never used any, but maybe someone else can.

--- Mike

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM