I have a HTPC with Intels HD Audio chip, capable of 192KHz/32-bit into eight channels. The HTPC is connected to the 990 through a coaxial S/PDIF. I'm using PowerDVD to play DVD-Audio albums on a blu-ray player. The first one I played, Queensryche, blew me away. I couldn't believe the quality of the sound. I thought to myself, 'Crap, now I have to go out and buy all my albums in DVD-Audio format'. Then I discovered the DVD-Audio can be played in DTS. Tears ran down my face as I listened to Silent Lucidity in its purity. I wasn't sad, the vocals were so clear I could actually smell Tate's fowl breath. Advanced resolution (96KHz)? Gave it a try and well, er, I'm not sure what happened. I'm not sure it's the best option. I could hear a definite improvement over DTS in the clarity of the sound, but that was the problem. It was so clear that my sub didn't reverberate as much. I still had bass, but I didn't have BASS. But it did give me a chance to hear something that I would have never noticed with my sub bouncing off of the floor: a popping sound coming from my speakers. This only occurs when listening to advanced resolution stereo (96KHz). I don't have anything that plays in advanced resolution surround sound, so I can't say anything about that. DTS and dolby digital sounded just fine but something is wrong when I hit 96KHz. Is anyone else having problems with media at 96KHz? Is this a common problem with the 990 or is something else in my system causing it? Intel?