Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#67402 - 01/24/08 04:01 AM Question about firmware upgrades
T_Shirt_Weather Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Westfield, Indiana
Hello all,

I'm new here and I'm also new to Outlaw Audio having just purchased and set up my 990, which I'm loving and having no problems with so far.

I have spent a good deal of time reading the posts and replies on this site, just to see what I can learn that isn't covered in the user's manual. One thing I have noticed and have concerns about is the firmware upgrade and all of the problems related to it, covered in so many posts here. I guess I would rather spend more time enjoying the system and less time tweaking it and attempting to figure out why things aren't working as they are suppose to.

Anyway; right now everything is working as it should and I would hate to lose that by attempting to add a few features that I don't absolutely have to have, but if there ever comes a time when a firmware upgrade offers something I think is important enough and worth the risk; I was wondering if these firmware upgrades allow me pick and choose only the changes I would like to make and skip what I wouldn't want or really need.

Thanks ahead of time for any replies and advise. --- Mike

#67403 - 01/24/08 04:15 AM Re: Question about firmware upgrades
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The firmware update is all-or-nothing. Having said that, I'm not aware of any changes in the v3.11 firmware that were anything but an improvement over v3.07 (improved PLIIx, easier access to AV sync settings, editable input names for more inputs, and so forth). You'd have to re-configure the unit (the reset would wipe out old settings), but a few minutes with a pad of paper could get most of those recorded so you could easily re-enter them.

#67404 - 01/24/08 04:28 AM Re: Question about firmware upgrades
T_Shirt_Weather Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Westfield, Indiana
Thanks for the reply Gonk.

I somewhat guessed it might be all-or-nothing, but thought I would ask just in case.

--- Mike

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM