Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#66461 - 10/18/07 04:35 PM USB Over Bluetooth
overdesigned Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Southern MN
I figured that this would be the best place to ask since more people have usb connceted to the 990.

Has anyone (or does anyone have the oppertunity) to plug a bluetooth dongle into the usb port and see if they can wirelessly stream music from a computer to the 990? I don't have bluetooth at the moment but if someone has the knowlage I would make it a point to aquire it.

Thanks

#66462 - 10/18/07 08:52 PM Re: USB Over Bluetooth
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't tried it, but bluetooth dongles generally require an operating system and drivers to allow them to work with a PC - I can't see the 990's USB interface offering that kind of capability.

I suspect that for wirelessly delivering audio to your system, it may be easiest to use a wireless media client. Slim Device's Squeezebox and soem of the current game consoles are the most prevalent players in that category, but there are some less expensive options that are fairly serviceable. I use a Roku Labs SoundBridge , and while it isn't as flexible as a SqueezeBox and the firmware support can be a bit spotty at times it does offer both wired and wireless network connectivity and an optical digital output for not much money.

#66463 - 10/19/07 02:40 PM Re: USB Over Bluetooth
overdesigned Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Southern MN
I have been exparmenting with slim server and softsqueeze. I was just curious to see if it would work. I guess I need to spend less time thinking about my new HT and work a little more.

Thanks

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics